While women comprise a mere 9.9% of the construction industry (with only a staggering 1% of laborers in the field being women), an evolving workforce equates to endless job opportunities and strong salaries for skilled craftspersons. As a way to educate and build female interest in the construction industry, Miron Construction hosts a FREE, annual event for local 7th through 10th grade female students. This event – “Build Like A Girl” – offers attendees a full day of hands-on experiences as well as an in-depth look at opportunities within the construction industry.
For the majority of the day, girls work within small groups led by Miron staff at a temporary job site adjacent to Miron’s headquarters in NEENAH, Wis. Students will get hands-on experience in the fields of masonry, carpentry, concrete, and equipment operation and will also go on a tour of a live construction site. Check out a VIDEO of last year’s event.
Join us for Miron Construction’s Fourth Annual “Build Like A Girl” event on FRIDAY, JUNE 21, 2019! – NEENAH EVENT FLYER
Register today – space is limited to 40 participants!
To sign up for this FREE event, please click here and submit the following information:
- Attendee’s full name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- T-Shirt size
- School name
- Grade level and age
- Dietary restrictions (snacks, refreshments and lunch will be provided)
We are thrilled to announce that this year we will also be hosting a Build Like a Girl event in CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa on THURSDAY, JULY 18, 2019! – CEDAR RAPIDS EVENT FLYER
This event will take place from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. We are limiting this event to 20 attendees (in grades 7-10), so if you are interested in attending, be sure to sign up soon (no later than May 23rd). To sign up for our Cedar Rapids event, please click here and submit the same information as requested above.
And don’t just take our word that it’s a fun event, check out what some parents of past attendees have to say:
- “I just want to thank you SO much for this fantastic event. My girls have not stopped talking about it since we picked them up….You may just have added a girl or two to your ‘field.'”
- “Thank you for putting this on for the girls. My daughter had a really good time and more importantly she learned that girls can do anything!”
- “I want to thank you as my daughter had an amazing time. She had no clue what she wanted to do when she grows up and she does now.”
- “Thank you for orchestrating such an amazing event for girls!…I cannot thank you enough for wanting to build your workforce, but at the same time giving back to the community building career awareness for girls. Please let all Miron staff know their hands in making this event so well run, education, and fun were noticed and paid off.”
Questions about these events? Contact us today!